Passage: Luke 19:11-27
Speaker: Pastor Glenn Harvison
Pragmateuomai is a banking term that means to invest with positive results.
Jesus told this parable because He was drawing near to Jerusalem. This raises the question: what do we do when it appears as if the Kingdom is going to appear at any moment?
1. We have inside scoop on our King.
- He is worthy
- He is a giver
2. We have inside scoop on our times.
- We live in a time in which our king is physically absent but his authority remains here.
- The dissension of some does not diminish his authority.
- If he really is coming soon, let him not find us coasting.
3. We have inside scoop on ourselves.
- We have been given a living deposit. The servants seems to credit their success to the power of the deposit.
- He's given us a deposit of the Spirit.
His commission is His permission - it is a call, a commandment, and a blessing all in one!